Flocabulary

"My students have been struggling with context clues all year. It doesn't seem to matter what I or how I teach it to them, they just tune me out…ugh! So, I began using Flocabulary provided by the district, and the kids really took to it. The website has a vocabulary section for each grade level with activities. I am having my students identify the context clues in the lyrics by highlighting the words with a marker. Then we go and watch the video and now are making the connection to the meaning of the words! The light bulb went on in their brains!!!! Each week they are asking for new words and of course a new video. It is so exciting seeing them take ownership of learning through this activity. " -Kim Clay, 3rd Grade, Spicier Elementary. ~ Birdville ISD
Teachers, be sure to set up your teacher account.
Flocabulary is an online library of educational hip-hop songs and videos for grades K-12 that will engage and inspire students. You now have unlimited access to Flocabulary's library and lessons through 07/13/2015. Please contact your campus librarian for the Birdville ISD access link and sign up today!

Comments