Learning in 3D via 123D Catch

123D Catch is a free application that allows users to create a 3D scan (picture) of virtually any object. Users shoot a loop of several pictures in small increments. Students upload their photos to 123D Design and stitch a 3D model. Final products can be sent to a 3D printer, producing a final physical learning artifact.

123D Catch in Action: Students used 123D Catch to photograph a snail shell on a nature walk. Students uploaded the completed project with a scientific observation to iNaturalist to become a citizen scientist who shares with the global community.

Digital Learning Platform: 123D Catch is an interactive application in which students engage to create authentic tasks and products.


Comments

  1. I know what you mean about looking forward to reading with kids. I also looked forward to it for years and built up a collection of the books I thought I might want to read with my hypothetical future child. The actual child turned out to like a slightly different subset of books. Who will inherit my Elsie Dinsmore books?????
    top-10-writers.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment