Learn While You Drive?!

Oftentimes, I am so exhausted when I get home from work that I'm lucky to get something to eat and set out my clothes before I collapse in bed. I have a large list of books and resources I intend to read at night only to find myself dissapointed in the morning. So I've been trying to find new and different ways to make time for learning and that's when I discovered PODCASTS. 


What is a podcast? Remember the days of radio theatre or talk radio? Think of it like on-demand, Internet radio. Typically a series of episodes very focused on a particular topic or theme. You can subscribe to a show with an app on your phone and listen in your car or on the go. Podcasts can also be downloaded to your device for listening when you are not able to stream Internet. If you want to learn more about podcasting, subscribing and listening, then check out The Podcast Host website

Next, you will need to find a podcast to listen to. A simple Google search will suffice. Try searching: "topic you are interested in" + podcasts. Here are a few resources to get you started.

Give it a try! You can listen in your car, while you are working out, during your lunch break or anywhere else. Hopefully you will find a podcast or two worth listening to. You might learn something, improve your life or at least improve your drive to work!

Comments